Saturday, December 5, 2015

For the past few weeks I've baked a lot of cookies using my sister's tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe. And these cookies are always such a big hit! If you want to make them, here's what you'll need: ¾ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 2 cups flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 cups chocolate chips. (If you use salted butter like I do, just don't add salt. Also, this recipe yields about 50 small chocolate chip cookies)


Mix the sugar and butter together. And let me just say, baking is so much easier with a KitchenAid!


Add in the vanilla extract and an egg. Then keep on mixing!


Measure out the flour and baking soda (I love how you can see the baking soda on the flour),


And sift it into the bowl. Give it a good mix and then you've got your dough. You can use the same recipe to make sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, the list goes on.


And then throw in some semi-sweet chocolate chips (I also added oatmeal).


Roll the dough into small balls, approximately 15 per baking sheet. I love these reusable silicon baking sheets!


And baking time is very important! If you're planning to bake the night before, bake it for eight minutes at 325° F. It might look like it's not ready, but trust me-- once it cools overnight, it'll be perfect the next day! If you're planning to bake and eat it straight out of the oven, then keep it in for a good ten minutes. I like to let the cookies rest on a cool surface rather than on the hot tray so that it doesn't overcook.

No comments:

Post a Comment