Monday, January 19, 2015

Life is busy-- at times too busy, as my Moleskines can attest. For some reason, I find the need to pack my schedule solid with all sorts of hangouts and events. Which I mean are great things, but it just seems like each year is busier than the last. Consequently, there's rarely time to rest. Even sleep averages only five to six hours a night. At times I schedule hangouts two or three months in advance, fitting time with family and friends in like puzzle pieces. But in doing so, it leaves little space for surprises. It leaves even less space for God to have control.


Lately God has been revealing a deeper issue through the Women's Bible Study and Life Group at church. I like to have plans-- not just daily, weekly, or monthly, but for my life. I have so many plans, good plans, that I set up for God and I often wonder where God is at. Like "God, I have this plan for you! Why aren't you doing your part?" and in doing so, I try to keep all the control. Which as I think about it, sounds really dumb. After all, as Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."


So this year, it's time to take a step back and let God lead. Maybe then He'll open my eyes to see things I haven't had time to see before.

No comments:

Post a Comment