Monday, May 11, 2015

Recently, I came across an old recipe for chicken enchiladas that I had forgotten about. So I gave it a try-- twice, actually, because it was that good.


This time around, I grated four cups of pepper jack cheese and one cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese.


And I have to say, if you like sharp cheddar then you'll love extra sharp cheddar!


In a small saucepan I heated the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chili powder.


I browned the chicken and onions and threw in some taco seasoning with a splash of lemon juice and water,



Then threw some cilantro and green onions on top.


After that, I spread some of the cream of chicken soup on the bottom of the trays,


And loaded up the corn tortillas with meat and shredded cheese,


Then I arranged the filled tortillas face down in the trays-- eight in each,


And covered the tortillas with the rest of the cream of chicken soup and some enchilada sauce.


I made two trays with the spicier red sauce and two trays with the milder green sauce.


While I preheated the oven, I covered the trays with more cheese, cilantro, and green onions.


After that, it's just a matter of time before it starts to bubble. And then you've got yourself delicious enchiladas with plenty to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment