Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas! Tis the season to celebrate the birth of our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I absolutely love this time of year because it's one of the few times I get to hear Christmas carols at work. And at the store. And in the car! It also inspired me to pull out the ink and watercolors to make calligraphy prints for some of the sisters at church.


And almost two years later, there's still enough India ink to fill up books.


I started off with the calligraphy, and worked everything else around it.


Then it was time to go happy with the watercolors. ROY G. B came to the party, but indigo and violet stayed home.


Afterward, I let the prints dry. It didn't take very long, but it was enough time to go out and buy frames for these prints.


And here's how the final product turned out-- bright and colorful.


And joy to the world indeed! Because Jesus came to earth and died for our sins, we have hope and a reason to celebrate.


Many times I get so wrapped up with this holiday season, that I forget how important this truth is. But it's worth remembering, and sharing with others.

1 comment: